Care & Maintenace
AluSplash backsplash panels are vigorously tested for various aspects of functionality and durability. However, like most wall surfaces it is imperative that the panel be cared for and maintained correctly to ensure that the panel retains its aesthetic look, colour, gloss and surface finish.
- Ensure that the spout of a boiling water kettle is not facing the panel surface directly. Hot steam, air and/or boiling water released from the spout can cause the surface of the panel to be stained or damaged. Always face the spout of the kettle away from the panel surface, as shown in the diagram.
- Always place a lid on cooking pots and pans when boiling any foods or liquids on the cooktop nearest to the panel surface.
- Do not allow the flame from the gas cooktop to spread up the sides of the cooking pot or pan.
- It is important that a minimum set back distance of 30mm is adhered to, between the installed AluSplash panel and the edge of cooktop.
- A 1.5mm gap on each side between the AluSplash Panel and the worktop or gaps between the joining of two panels at the corners is required for silicon sealing and to allow for thermal expansion.
What to do and not to do to take care of your AluSplash backsplash panel
- The backsplash panel must be cleaned regularly.
- We recommend that all AluSplash panels should be protected with Vuplex® spray to prevent the panel surface from any micro-scratches or build-up of dirt and grime.
- We strongly recommend that a soft microfibre cloth or a non-abrasive material is used to clean the kitchen backsplash.
- Clean the panel surface with water, for stubborn stains you may use a mild detergent to clean the panel surface.
- Do not use Metal scrubbing pads or any other abrasive cleaning materials on the panel surface.
- Do not use acidic or harsh cleaning detergents with bleach or any stain removing gels, powders, liquids to clean the panel surface. Please note, we do not advise home remedy solutions such as baking soda to be used on the panel surface.
- Certain foods and spices such as squid ink and turmeric can stain the kitchen backsplash surface permanently, hence care should be taken when cooking with such foods and spices.
- Do not clean the kitchen backsplash if it is hot! Wait for the surface to cool down to room temperature before cleaning.
- Avoid placing sharp objects like knives and other utensils against the coated surface, as it may cause scratches on the panel’s surface.
For more information, please visit our FAQ section.
*All Care and Maintenance guidelines mentioned above, MUST be followed to maintain the surface quality of the coated panels. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the product’s warranty to be void.
WHERE TO BUY
Find your nearest store
To the AluSplash Newsletter